I guess man, but Murphy should probably be in the hall. I completely understand Rose, Bench, Morgan, Concepcion, etc but Sabo, I dunno. I guess I'll show some respect now [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
![]()
youve got balls mega, thats like asking a braves fan why they like Dale Murphy.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
I guess man, but Murphy should probably be in the hall. I completely understand Rose, Bench, Morgan, Concepcion, etc but Sabo, I dunno. I guess I'll show some respect now [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
![]()
I think it was because Sabo was so balls-to-the-walls. He was one of those guys who wasn't that skilled but gave everything he had. He was gritty.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Hard working player, hustled, played the game the right way, you do that in Cincy and you'll get some fans. Reminds me a lot of Sean Casey, he had tons of fans up there. I'd rather pull for Sabo than pull for Bonds.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
well man, thats why Cincy has been bad for so long. Its not a bad thing to have guys that hustle, but Cincy hasnt had much star power, a guy that could carry them on his back. Bonds made Pittsburgh and San Francisco great for about 18 years. He made Dusty Baker and Felipe Alou look legit. Bonds always hustled too. I dont ever recall him being a detriment to the team, maybe a distraction, but thats more society's problem than a Bonds problem. Sabo was def. balls to the wall, Eric Davis was too. Unfortunately when you play that way, you tend to hurt your team more than you help them. Imagine what Cincy could have done if Davis was capable of playing more than 135 games in any year of his career. He would have easily been a 40/50 guy in 87 and probably should have won the mvp over Dawson but in typical Davis fashion, he got hurt. I gotta give Davis props though, he nearly gave up a kidney to beat the A's. Sure Sabo does have a ring which is more than Bonds can say but then again, Willie McCovey, Orlando Cepeda, Juan Marichel, Willie Mays, or Gaylord Perry never won a ring in San Francisco either.
So great that he couldn't win the world series in either city? How are you not a detriment to your team when you fight your own second baseman?
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Speaking of which, how much is Barry Bonds hurting the Giants right now? He should have went to the AL after 03.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
Bonds wasnt fighting Kent, he was breaking up a fight between David Bell and Kent. funny you must have missed that part.
Like I said, his teams were good for about 18 years. Pittsburgh and SF have always been in the hunt, what more can you ask for. Theres a reason the Giants have struggled since 05, Bonds hasnt played much and hes no longer able to carry a team on his back. SF was 11 outs away from winning the world series with a 5-0 lead. Bonds was easily the world series mvp, theres really not much more you can ask for. Heck when the angels took the lead in that game. Bonds came back and hit another homerun to get them within 1 run. He did everything he could have possibly done to get them a ring. You must have missed the part where Mays, McCovey, Marichel, Cepeda, and Perry never won a ring in SF either. Guess what? They were on the same team at the same time and didnt win. Sorry but if you believe Bonds was the reason Pittsburgh or SF never won in the playoffs, then you really dont know anything about baseball. If you wanted to go by those standards it would be just as easy to say your boy Griffey has won a grand total of 2 alcs games in his whole career or say that Arod and Vlad stink because they havent ever won anything. 1 player can only do so much on a baseball field. Bonds has done more for his teams than any player in the modern era. Outside of Atlanta and maybe St Louis, there hasnt been an NL team more successful over the span of his tenure in SF. Atlanta and STL have had a plethora of great ball players during that span and both of those teams only have 1 ring each. It takes more than just 1 great ball player to win a ring. If he couldnt help the Giants win a ring, nobody could have replaced him and won a ring during that period.
When your on Roids you can do a lot of things, and please dont go into the whole stat thing before he was on Roids, I know the numbers. Bottom line is Sabo played the game the right way, Bonds disgraced the game. I'll take the less talented player who doesn't cheat. Throw on top of that how big of a jerk Bonds is and you've got yourself the biggest ass hole in sports today.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
BTW, I'm not a Griffey fan I respect Griffey you see he didn't cheat. I understand the game of baseball it comes down to pitching, hustling, and defense. Three things Bonds cant do.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Bookmarks